2014 SMART COUNTRIES & CITIES CONFERENCE IN PARIS
Sikiwis held the first SMART COUNTRIES & CITIES CONFERENCE in Paris’ business district La Defense. The conference covered several topics related to next generation services in cities and countries. The conference hosted city officials of Paris region cities.
The Conference was dedicated to building a vision on how digital services are evolving and changing the way cities can interact with their citizens, deliver new and improved services, and increase their efficiency. Participants also helped build a vision of how these services will evolve and the medium and long term. The Conference also highlighted the « Smart City » solutions which would be implemented the fastest. Finally the participants shared the results of a survey conducted among city officials identifying the top priorities cities are placing on their agenda.
Below is a synthesis of these exchanges :
– Smartphones and tablets have become the universal number one channel of access to information. 1 billion smartphones were sold worldwide in 2013, a larger figure is expected in 2014 and over 100 billion mobile apps were already downloaded.
– Local Gov organizations are at the center of Smart City initiatives since they are at the heart of interactions with all stakeholders: citizens, businesses, associations, arts culture and sports organizations, public services, operators, infrastructure builders, and more and more connected equipment in the city
– The foundation of Smart Cities are City Clouds which is now understood by 60% of local government organizations according to a recent Markess institute study
– Several technology topics were debated during the conference: social networks, QR codes and NFC applications, Open Data solutions M-Payment solutions, Connected objects, M2M Services, real time mobile alerts applications, media convergence and many more
– City Hall Mobile apps and their contribution to serving cities’ strategy in easing communication, delivering better services, managing administrative processes, delivering M-Commerce services, automating administrative and sales services,…
The Conference also focused on Sikiwis’ 2014 Smart Cities Survey conducted mainly among cities of 10 to 50 000 citizens. The results of the study may be obtained by using the contact form on this site
Sikiwis delivers Systemic Interactive Mobile Solutions, focusing on Smart Cities, Smart Countries and Smart Operations services. Sikiwis is headed by Paul Sitbon, a former McKinsey&Company consultant, former CIO of Veolia Transportation North America and former head of IS Convergence and Web strategy for the Veolia Group, world leader in City Services
With 6 years and over 200 000 hours of research and development in web, cloud and mobile technologies, Sikiwis proudly competes with the largest IT Corporations and deliver the most advanced technologies for Smart Cities and Smart Countries at disruptive cost. Enquiries about Sikiwis’ approach to solving your specific business needs can be made via the contact forms on Sikiwis sites.
“Smart Countries”, “City Clouds” and “Smart Operations” are trademarks of the Sikiwis Group